Our Core Themes for Support & Priorities
Proposals should use one of our core themes indicated below.
Being connected, active and involved is central to our wellbeing and integral to a ‘good life’. We will support work that fosters children and young people's opportunities to access and participate in positive activities, particularly in communities where they are hard to come by.
- Increasing opportunities for children and young people to access and participate in the arts, sport and nature. The Positive Opportunities Fund is currently closed.
- Supporting evidence based approaches to mental health and wellbeing through schools. This priority is being delivered through our Associated Schools and selected partners only.
Inspiring and authentic leaders are vital in any community. We will develop leadership and good practice to build and strengthen more effective organisations
- Investing in the quality and opportunities for leadership in schools, education and youth organisations.
- Supporting initiatives that improve the quality of teaching in schools.
- Investing in the leadership potential of young people in their own communities.
Open later in the year
Learning and education for young people have been central in our work for centuries and will continue. We also nurture lifelong learning for all:
- Enabling excellent learning opportunities to equip young people to achieve their future potential in a rapidly changing world.
- Preparing young people for successful transitions from secondary education into the next stage of their lives. The Transitions Special Initiative is now closed and we will be contacting all applicants shortly.
Family and friendship is at the heart of our work. We place a high value on helping people build stronger connections, overcome isolation and build new relationships. Our priorities in this area are:
- Nurturing and improving the life chances of pre-school children (under 5s) by supporting parents and families. The Early Years Special Initiative is now closed and we will be contacting all applicants shortly.
- Supporting safe spaces and places for young people to connect.